Friday, May 15, 2009

Cake Walk into Town




I had the blues, so bad one time
it put my face in a permanent frown
You know I'm feeling so much better,
I could cake walk into town
Honey, I woke up this mornin' feelin' so good,
You know I laid back down again
Throw your big leg over me mama,
I might not fee this good again
My baby, my baby,
I do love the way she walks
And when my woman gets sleepy,
I love the way she baby talks
My work is getting scarce, oh baby,
my work it done got hard,
I spend my whole day stealin' chickens, Honey,
from the rich folks yard
I would love to take a picnic in the country
and stay all day
I wouldn't do nothing but while my blues away
I had the blues so bad one time
it put my face in a permanent frown
You know I'm feelin' so much better
I could cakewalk into town

Taj Mahal

No comments: